Veterinary Registrar / Clinical Veterinary Registrar – Livestock
University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Camden (UVTHC)
Sydney School of Veterinary Science
Faculty of Science
Reference no. 2436/01218F
- Opportunity to provide quality veterinary services to Livestock animals;
- Full-time Fixed Term 12 Months, 38 hours per week. Located at Camden Campus
- Base Salary: $91,561 p.a. – $99,945 p.a. Level 6 or 7, plus a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation. Visa sponsorship is available if required.
About the opportunity
Veterinary Registrar (HEO6)
This position serves an integral role in the Livestock Veterinary Teaching and Research Unit. It includes provision of quality veterinary services to clients of the Livestock Veterinary Service (LVS) under the guidance of the service Director, assisting with teaching 5th year veterinary undergraduate students during their clinical rotation, assisting with practical class tuition.
Clinical Veterinary Registrar (HEO7)
This position includes provision of quality veterinary services to clients of the Livestock Veterinary Service, teaching 5th year veterinary undergraduate students during their clinical rotation, assisting with practical class tuition, participation in clinical research projects, supporting post graduate students, and delivery of lectures.
In this position, you will:
- be responsible for diagnosis and treatment of primary care and referral patients, routine health and production services for ruminant producers under guidance of the LVS Director
- ensure all client services are provided at a high standard including accurate and timely billing, record keeping, vehicle stock control and client follow-up
- ensure vehicles and equipment are handled with care, kept clean, and are appropriately maintained
- practice and promote professional standards of biosecurity, to track and keep abreast of potential infectious disease outbreak
- provide assistance in training of undergraduate and postgraduate veterinary students rotating through the LVS unit under the guidance of the Director LVS (HEO 6)
- provide supervision and training of undergraduate and postgraduate veterinary students rotating through the LVS unit (HEO7)
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Veterinary Registrar who possesses:
- a veterinary degree registrable in NSW
- minimum 3 years’ experience (HEO6), 5 years’ experience (HEO7) in a cattle/small ruminant practice
- membership of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in Medicine of Dairy Cattle, Medicine of Beef Cattle, Animal Nutrition or Epidemiology (HEO6)
- driver’s License
- experience in training undergraduate students (HEO7)
- clinical research experience (HEO7)
Please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for a detailed Position Description. To be considered, it is essential that you upload a resume and address the online selection criteria.
The Livestock Veterinary Teaching and Research Unit is dedicated to serving the livestock industries of Australia through· provision of veterinary services and training and by advancing knowledge through problem orientated research into issues pertaining to animal production health and welfare.
The UVTHC provides a range of large and small animal veterinary services to the community and referring veterinarians. As a teaching school, it also provides didactic and clinical instruction to DVM students during the pre-clinical and clinical, final year, and offers a number of post graduate training programs. It supports the REaCT unit, which is the research arm of the UVTHC. The UVTHC has a strong focus on promotion of teamwork and good working relations to facilitate excellence in clinical services, undergraduate teaching, the overall teaching and learning environment for staff.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia’s first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change, which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
Where a successful candidate requires an employer sponsored Australian work visa, the University will only be able to offer an initial 12 Months fixed term employment.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2436/1218F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 13 January 2019 (Sydney Time)